FHLBank members include thrift institutions, commercial
banks, credit unions and insurance companies. A financial
institution joins the FHLBank district that serves the
state where the institution's home office or principal
place of business is located. FHLBank Pittsburgh serves
the states of Delaware, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
A financial institution may become a member by meeting
certain statutory requirements:
- be duly organized under the laws of any state of
the United States;
- be subject to inspection and regulation under the
banking laws, or similar state or federal laws;
- make long-term home mortgage loans;
- have at least 10 percent of its total assets in
residential mortgage loans, if it is a federally insured
depository institution (community financial institutions
are exempt from this requirement);
- have a financial condition that allows FHLBank
advances (loans) to be made safely;
- have character of management and a home financing
policy consistent with sound and economical home financing.
Each member of FHLBank is required to maintain a minimum
investment in the stock of FHLBank. For more information
regarding stock requirements of FHLBank Pittsburgh,
please view the Capital Plan.
For more information on FHLBank Pittsburgh, contact
the Marketing department at 1-800-288-3400.