Please read the following carefully. These pages describe
the Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh ("Bank")
or your dealings with the Site, please email us at
information we collect online from this Site. It does
not apply to information we may receive through the
mail, by fax or telephone, in person or in any other
By remaining at this Site, users consent to all policies
published on this Site. If you do not wish to abide
by and be subject to these policies you are directed
to immediately exit this Site.
Information Collection, Use (including
cookies) and Storage
Users of the Bank's Site may choose whether or not
to provide their email addresses or any other contact
information to the Bank. The Bank does not require that
users provide this information to access the content
of the Bank's Site.
Generally, the Bank does not collect personal identification
information, other than email addresses provided by
users of the Bank's Site. The Bank uses return email
addresses to answer the email we receive. If applicable,
and such information has been provided to us by you
to the Bank, we also use name, title, organization,
address, phone and fax numbers to communicate with you.
Where users have requested via the Site to receive updates
from the Bank (for example, newsletters), the Bank retains
the contact information submitted by the user. This
information is maintained by the Bank employees who
need to know this information to perform their job duties
and is not made accessible to other Bank employees.
This information is not shared with any other parties
except as stated below.
Your Internet Protocol ("IP") address or
domain name may be used to analyze this Site's traffic
patterns and usage, to help diagnose problems with the
server, and to otherwise improve performance of the
Site. While an IP address generally changes each time
you use the Internet (it's a dynamic address) if you
use a broadband connection to access the Bank's Site,
it is possible that the IP address that we collect could
be identifiable. The reason for this is that with some
broadband connections, the IP address doesn't change
(it's static) and could be associated with your personal
computer. Website logs may be analyzed and reviewed
(including review by third parties as referenced below),
but are not sold or transferred to third parties. As
part of this process, the Bank's web server does not
write persistent cookies (small files) to your hard-drive;
however, memory-resident (transient) cookies may be
used for the duration of the time you are navigating
the Site. These cookies will be released from memory
when you close your browser.
From time to time, this Site may contain items such
as user surveys or training information. The information
you provide on surveys and in response to promotions
on our Site will be used for internal marketing purposes,
including developing website information and additional
products and services that you may find helpful. In
addition, we may inform you of new products and services
from the Bank based on the information you provide to
Email you send to us is not secure against interception;
for this reason, users are advised not to submit any
sensitive information to the Bank via email to this
public site. For example, nonpublic personal information
about you such as account numbers should not be submitted.
Links to Other Websites
This Site contains links to other websites. The Bank
is not responsible for the privacy practices, cookies,
security or content of any websites that are linked
to this Site. Users that leave our Site to access a
linked website are no longer subject to the terms and
to read the privacy statements of such other websites.
and the Bank's information collection practices at this
Site. The Bank shall have no duty to notify users when
they are leaving the Bank's Site.
Notification of Changes in Privacy
at any time. The Bank will post a notice of any changes
on the homepage for this Site as well as make the terms
Disclosure of Personal Information
as Required by Law
The Bank does not sell, share or redistribute personal
information provided by users of its Site to third parties.
The Bank may use third party vendors to provide products
and services in connection with the Bank's Site. Any
vendors or consultants who have access to confidential
information are required by contract to keep the information
confidential. These vendors only have such access to
and ability to use personal user information as is necessary
to perform their specific services for the Bank.
Except as required by law, including in connection
with any authorized law enforcement investigations,
no other attempts are made to identify individual users
or their usage habits. Information regarding the identity
of individual users or their usage habits shall only
be disclosed to a third party by the Bank as required
Additional Information and Terms
Please review the Bank's Legal Disclosure and Terms
of Use for additional information and terms governing
the Bank's Site.
How Users Can Correct Inaccurate
As noted above, the Bank does not require users of
its website to provide an email address or other contact
information. If you provide such information to enable
the Bank to respond to a question you may have and that
information subsequently changes, please promptly send
your new contact information, via email to email@example.com
if you wish the Bank to be able to respond to you via
email. Users shall not provide any false information
in connection with the use of this Site and must use
the Site consistent with all applicable laws and regulations.
Copyright. All of the contents of this Site are copyrighted. The material on this Site may be used for non-commercial informational purposes and transacting business with the Bank only. Users of this Site shall have no right to sell, transfer or disseminate material on this Site to any third party.
Trademarks. Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh and the Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh graphics and logos are property of the Bank and may not be used without the prior written permission of the Bank. The Bank does not permit the use of its name, graphics or logos in advertising, as an endorsement for any product or service, or for any other commercial purpose without the Bank’s prior written approval.
Disclaimers — Generally
- This Web Site includes information that is subject to change without notice. While the Bank desires that the information provided on this Site be as up to date and as accurate as possible, the Bank assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information contained on this Site. Except as set forth below in connection with transaction origination by the user(s) pursuant to a contract executed by the Bank and the user(s), it is the sole responsibility of the user(s) to confirm the accuracy of all information contained on this Site.
- Use of the Site. All users acknowledge that the presentation of the material on this Site does not: (1) represent investment advice; (2) constitute an investment solicitation or an offer to buy securities; (3) constitute a general offer to extend credit; or (4) constitute an offer to extend a grant or subsidy. No user of this Site, including, without limitation, the Bank’s member institutions, should rely on this Site or the information contained on this Site in making an investment decision, a credit decision (except in the limited circumstances described below in regard to advance transactions) or calculating the timing or amount of payments on debt securities or any other related information.
CAUTION — This Web Site contains information that is not part of any offering notice or offering circular for consolidated obligations of the Federal Home Loan Banks, Federal Home Loan Bank capital stock, an offering or any other securities of the Bank or otherwise, or credit products of the Bank.
- The terms and conditions related to the Bank’s products and services are governed by various agreements between the Bank and its customers as well as certain Bank policies, procedures and applicable regulations. In the event of inconsistencies between the material contained on this Site and such agreements, policies, procedures and regulations, the agreements, policies, procedures and regulations shall govern.
No Warranty. This Site, including all content, software and information made available on this Site, is provided “AS IS.” Neither the Bank, its directors, officers, its employees nor its agents make any representations or warranties of any kind or nature whatsoever regarding the contents of this Site, information made accessible by the software used on this Site, or any products, services or hypertext links to other outside Web sites. The Bank, its directors, officers, employees and its agents disclaim any express or implied warranties of any kind or nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, warranties related to any course of dealing, usage or trade practice, and implied warranties of noninfringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The Bank does not represent or warrant that a user’s access will be uninterrupted or that material accessible from this Site is free of MALICIOUS CODE.
Use of the Site for Transaction Origination. From time to time, the Bank may make available the ability to originate credit (advances) demand deposit account or other financial transactions (“Transaction” or “Transactions”) through the Site. In addition to executing collateral pledge and security agreements, demand deposit account or other agreements governing these financial Transactions with the Bank, users who wish to use the Bank’s Site to perform these Transactions must execute a contract, the Bank4Banks® (B4B) Services Agreement (“Agreement”), with the Bank allocating responsibilities between the Bank and the user in connection with originating these Transactions through the Bank’s Site. Under the Agreement and the procedures incorporated into the Agreement by reference, the user must follow the required security and other standards for originating Transactions with the Bank. The terms of the Agreement and the procedures incorporated therein shall establish the types of information that the Bank and user shall provide in connection with a Transaction, including an advance Transaction, as well as govern when the Bank and user are bound to the terms of a Transaction.
NO LIABILITY. THE BANK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY ERRORS CONTAINED ON THIS SITE OR FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENTS.
Links. The Bank may, from time to time, provide relevant links to other outside web sites unrelated to the Bank or this Site. The Bank is not responsible for such linked sites nor the content of any of the linked sites. The Bank provides these links as an additional resource for its Web Site users and does not endorse the companies which own, control or manage the linked sites, nor does the Bank endorse or support any views expressed, or products or services offered by or through any linked sites.
By remaining at this Site, users consent to all policies published on this Site. If you do not wish to abide by and be subject to these policies you, are requested to immediately exit this Site.
Information Collection and Use (including cookies)
Generally, the Bank does not collect personal identification information, other than email addresses provided by users of the Bank’s Site. We also use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. We do collect and use the following information:
- We collect site usage information such as your I.P. address, the address of the internet site you were visiting before you entered our Site, the browser and operating system you are using, pages visited, and time spent on a page and other similar information. This is used to produce site usage reports. For public users, the information is anonymous, that is, it is not attributed to any identifiable person. It is possible to correlate this data with specific users who log in on behalf of Customers. As part of this collection of usage information, we may temporarily install cookies to your computer.
- We retain your username and encrypt your PIN when you log in to the Site.
- We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. If applicable, we also use email addresses, name, title, organization and type, address, phone and fax numbers to communicate with you about your online registrations and subscriptions. This information is not shared with any other parties except as stated below.
- Usage logs and reports may be analyzed and reviewed by third parties who have written confidentiality obligations. These are not sold to third parties.
- If you submit an application or form to us online, or request an online transaction, the Bank may store the information you send in an electronic database.
- For the purposes of updating our mailing list information, we collect data on individuals such as name, title, institution, institution address, phone, fax and email address. We retain that information until you provide new information.
- For the purpose of subscribing to various Bank publications distributed electronically, we require information such as name, institution, address, city, state, zip code, phone and fax. We also request, but do not require, the subscriber’s title, email address and industry type. The information is retained until you provide new information or until we determine that the information is no longer correct.
- From time to time, we may ask users of our Site to respond to online surveys. We may ask for the user’s name, title, institution name and/or institution type. Information from these surveys is aggregated and retained to report on perceptions of types of users of the Site.
- The Site also contains planning tools to help you evaluate financial transactions for your institution. We encourage you to use all "What-If" and other models as often as you like. An example of a “What-If” model is the “Capital Stock Compliance Calculator” to help you determine if additional stock purchases are required to support any additional borrowing or other credit product. When using these planning tools on the Site, the calculations run on your computer or our server. We do not capture the information you provide in using these planning tools.
Conducting Business with the Bank through the Site
To facilitate secure transaction processing with and information retrieved from the Bank, the Bank requires users of its Private Site to receive a PIN-generating token, execute a separate contract with the Bank and follow other security standards established by the Bank from time to time. If you wish to establish the capacity to conduct business with the Bank through this Private Site, then, you agree to abide by the terms of the Bank’s security process (as referenced in your Agreement with the Bank) and to accept and maintain the confidentiality of your access information. In addition, if you execute transactions with the Bank through the Private Site, then, you consent to: (1) providing the Bank with necessary applicable security information; (2) maintaining the confidentiality and security of tokens, PINs and other applicable security information; and (3) providing the Bank with necessary financial information.
Security of the Bank’s Private Web Site and Your Transaction Information
The Bank has implemented industry-standard security systems to protect the confidentiality of account and transactional information and processing available on this Site to its users. All communications sent to, or from, the Site after Customer log-in occur over a secure socket layer (SSL) encryption designed to protect such communications. We do not store the data in an encrypted format.
Central to the security of the data transmitted to and from the Bank’s Private Site are the security procedures that you are responsible for following in connection with your use of this Private Site. These procedures were distributed to you as part of the token distribution process for accessing the Site. In addition, they may be found on the Site as well under the button “Guide to Bank4Banks.” There are some things that you can do to help protect the security of your information as well. Never give out your PIN or provide access to your token to another individual, since this is what is used to access all of your account information. Remember to log off from our Site and close your browser window when you finish surfing the Web, so that other people using the same computer won't have access to your information.
The Bank routinely monitors attempts to circumvent our security systems and reviews security protocols to minimize the risks of unauthorized access to data. Within the Bank, data provided to the Bank by Site users are only distributed to those employees who have a need to know the information to perform their job functions. Although the Bank has adopted industry-standard security systems, the Bank cautions all users that it shall not be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages, whether under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other theory arising out of or in connection with any breaches of security involving this Site or any user’s account, or resulting from any malicious code or other code that may affect any of your equipment or other property, as a result of using this Site.
How Users Can Correct Inaccurate Information
If you provide your email address and other information to the Bank to enable the Bank to respond to a question you may have and that information subsequently changes, please promptly send your new contact information, via email to Bank4Banks@fhlb-pgh.com if you wish the Bank to be able to respond to you via email.
Disclosure of Personal Information as Required by Law
The Bank does not sell, share or redistribute personal or financial information provided by users of the Site to third parties. While the Bank may use vendors to provide security software and other products and services in connection with the Bank’s Web Site, the terms of the Bank’s current contracts with these vendors limit their use of a user’s personal or financial information to access and use of the information only as necessary to perform their specific services for the Bank. It is not our policy to share information we receive from you over the Site other than with regulators or certain companies that assist the Bank in conducting its business transactions. Certain non-personal information collected pursuant to survey requests may be aggregated and shared with Customers of the Bank. Certain employees of the Bank have access to Customer information to enable them to respond to Customer inquiries and concerns. All Bank employees are subject to Customer confidentiality requirements. Any vendors or consultants who have access to confidential information are required by contract to keep the information confidential.
Except as required by law, including in connection with any authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Information regarding the identity of individual users or their usage habits shall only be disclosed to a third party by the Bank as required by law.
Information Security, Use and Storage
You must immediately inform us by contacting Member Services at 1-800-288-3400 if you have any reason to believe that your PIN or token has been stolen or used, is in the possession of an unauthorized individual or is otherwise compromised.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction in Pittsburgh
All agreements on this Site are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and, to the extent applicable, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The user and Bank customers agree that any action arising from any matter relating directly or indirectly to this Site shall be brought in the federal court in the Western District or Pennsylvania or in the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County, as applicable, and you agree that those courts have personal jurisdiction over you and the Customer for that purpose, and you waive any right to bring or seek transfer of any such action to any court outside of Pittsburgh.